DNA helix drawer
You can draw a single stranded DNA, double stranded DNA, DNA tile with crossovers, and a DNA origami in parallel helices. To draw an illustration of DNA, you have to specify the position, length, base-paring, and crossovers of DNA in a sequence of integers. The easier way for specifing the inforamtion is to import a caDNAno format file, which is a standard DNA nanostructure format. There is a button to download the illustration as a SVG data, which is a standard vector image format. You can also share the illustration with others by just sennding a URL that encodes all the necessary information. It is possible to tune some of the parameters of DNA such as pitch, diamter, base paring and so on. This software is developed by Ibuki Kawamata.
ParametersPress "draw" again when you change parameters
How to write input
- Using caDNAno file is an easy way to set inputs.
- Strands is a list (rows, length of any) of list (1st and 2nd helices, length of two) of list (helices, length of any) of list (helix, length of two or three).
- Crossover is a list (rows, length of any) of list (crossovers, length of any) of list (crossover, length of three or four).
- You can change the color of each helix and crossover by selecting the path and clicking the color box.
License and information
- This software is developed by Ibuki Kawamata.
- Please cite this web page if you use this software.
- Snap.svg (Apache License 2.0) is used for illustration.
- Bootstrap is used as a page style.
- You can use images generaged by this software without any permission for non-profit academic or educational purpose.
- Use this software at your own risk.
- I shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, trouble, or problem caused by this software.